Sunday, October 2, 2016

Ideology_Kwon

The political typology quizzes that I took claimed that I was a “strong liberal.” I found this surprising because I didn’t expect to be so far on the left side of the scale.

My family is mainly Democratic, which may explain why I share some of the same beliefs as them. At a young age, my grandma would always emphasize the importance of politics and would explain her reasoning to me. Although I never really listened to her speeches, they obviously had some sort of impact on my thoughts. In addition to this, my family consists mostly of all females, a.k.a. Democrats. I find it odd that simply having an extra X chromosome in the USA means you are more likely to vote Democrat, but what do I know?

Even though the tests state that I’m a “strong” liberal, I can’t help but believe that I’m a little bit in between. Topics such as abortion and gun control are very iffy for me. I can’t seem to choose one side to agree with. For example, I lean towards pro-choice, but I also understand where people who believe in pro-life come from. I think that women should have the ability to control their own bodies, but should not take abortion for granted; it should be a last resort. I’m not sure if this has to do with the fact that my family never really talks about controversial topics or because I’m a female, but overall I do agree that I have a few liberal beliefs.
You know you love us. Xoxo, Government Girls.
Sharon Kwon

No comments:

Post a Comment